Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obamabats!

Yesterday was a pretty amazing day. Jeff and I have very similar political views and feelings so we were both ecstatic that Barack Obama was elected to be our 44th President of the United States. We were also thrilled that Prop 2 passed but heartbroken that Prop 8 did as well. I think Prop 8 is the definition of unjust and cruel discrimination and I had hoped we were advanced enough to never let that pass. It made me sad that it even made it to the ballot. Hopefully the fight to bring this issue to the Supreme Court will force people to think more about their own civil rights and what it would be like to be denied them, and to allow themselves to be more tolerant.

On a more exciting note, free Obamabats! It's a free font of dingbats which you can get here.

1 comment:

Nikki Menda said...

I couldn't agree with you more on everything. I am so proud of my country (for once in the past 8 years) and yet so partly ashamed of my state for once as well. At least we get Obama!