Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy first day of the lunar year!

While the rest of the neighborhood was celebrating the year of the ox with illegal fireworks, Jeff and I had a nice little Suzy Homemaker weekend. On Friday, Jeff was at the ASR trade show signing autographs so I was left at home alone. I sewed and watched Supernanny. I am all about that naughty step when we have our babies. Saturday we were invited over to Gina and Brian and Bill and Tom's house for dinner. Gina made an awesome couscous with roasted veggies and a butternut squash soup, and I made a chocolate raspberry torte for dessert. It was fun to make. Here's the recipe.


This morning Jeff and I got crazy with the panini press. Scrambled eggs, italian sausage tofurkey, spinach, garlic, and parmesan cheese on sourdough. Soooo good. I wish I had time every morning to make one of these. I was so proud of our paninis I took pictures.


I picked up my embroidery again this weekend after a pretty long hiatus. The sewing machine was more fun for awhile, and produces quicker results, but when I rearranged the sewing room I found all of my patterns and embroidery doodads and was re-inspired. I did these three little bags and used my machine to sew them up with cute fabrics as the backing. Don't know what I'll do with them yet, but they're good to have on hand to slip little gifts into.



And Lily Mae shots from this weekend, because I'm crazy cat lady. I couldn't help it, she kept being cute with my camera nearby.


2 comments:

Christy said...

CUTE embroidery! Love the fox especially!

The Naughty step totally works!! A few years ago I used it on the little 3 yr old I was babysitting (usually a great girl, having a cranky day) and within 60 seconds she came up to me crying, saying she was sorry and wanting a hug. I also used one of her tricks for getting the 6 year old to go to bed. She's amazing!

Nikki Menda said...

Honestly - can I please buy a cute little bag from you?! LOVE them!!!