Wednesday, December 9, 2009

New links!

Btw, I've updated my links list on the right side if you want to see what I'm looking at on my Google Reader. If you don't know what a Google Reader is (I'm looking at you Mom), I highly suggest you create one if you read blogs. It's one webpage that you log in to (free membership of course) or if you're already logged in to Google from Gmail (again, looking at you Mom) then you just click on the Reader link in the Google menu. From that page you can access all the blogs you read and it tells you which blogs have posts that you haven't read yet so it makes blog reading so much easier on those lunch hours. You don't have to keep visiting a blog only to find that the blog author has been lazy and not blogging anything, and you don't have to type in the blog addresses (or remember them!). It's like bookmarking, but more streamlined and with more functionality.


I'll set it up for you if you want to try it Mom when we're up there at the end of the month. It'll be easier than asking Dad about it and having him explain to you the importance of e-learning through multimedia networks in the blogosphere and how that relates to our social networking and modern forms of technological communication. Sorry Dad, just teasing... :)

Funny thing I just learned from my mom the other day- In Norwegian, the word for computer is data machine. Pronounced like Arnold Schwartzenegger would say it: "Dahhtah Masheen". HA!

1 comment:

ET said...

Even though I feel like Rodney Dangerfield--getting no respect...:-)--I also have to admit you are spot on, Liv, about both your mother and me. We, like your grandfather, love your blog, and we look forward to reading it. It makes us laugh and we love being able to keep up with you this way, so I don't have to text or call you all the time and act even more like a "Jewish mother" than I am already doing (according to your mother).

I hope you are getting over your cold but I assume being in bed, and nice and warm and relaxed, has given you more time to attend even more to your blog. So get well, but keep blogging...