Thursday, February 11, 2010

Watch out Linda Hamilton

So apparently my mom doesn't like the idea of me getting a Taser either. She thinks an attacker would be able to turn it around on me. She's probably right, so instead I'm just going to get insanely buff. I signed up for UCI's ARC gym (the Anteater Recreation Center) this week and I've already gone 3 times. I love it. It's good people watching, gets me out of the office to de-stress for an hour, and I like showing off my speed-walking skills on the indoor raised track. It's elevated over the basketball courts so you can look down and watch the pick-up games. I realized this week though that my old skool New Balances are starting to fall apart and that if I'm going to take my body transformation seriously, I'm going to need a good pair of sneakers. I've been totally swayed by Reebok's EasyTone shoe ads that are in every magazine I read and I've been wanting them for awhile. I found them on Shoes.com and bought them through the BofA Add it Up program which gave me a 15% off coupon, plus an additional 15% cash back when I used my BofA card. Deals! The cool thing about the shoes is that "Balance pods are built-in under the heel and forefoot of the shoes. The balance pods are designed to create natural instability with every step, engaging hamstring, calve and glute muscles and encouraging toning." Which essentially just means my butt is going to go from looking like this:


To THIS:


No comments: