Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy World Breastfeeding Week!

I want to participate in The Big Latch On this Saturday, but will probably do it from home because gathering with a giant group of women to whip out the boobs in public is a little too crunchy granola for me (I'm only 42%). I fully support anyone that does want to do it in public though because breastfeeding is awesome and it keeps babies alive. Elsa and I have luckily had a *fairly* easy time with it so far but we've worked hard to get there. Big shout-out to my doula Samantha who has also provided lactation consultation and is a big part of the reason I have a chubby baby now.

Here's a link to one of my favorite mom-blogs, MODG, to a post she did on the 10 hidden benefits of breastfeeding. She's hilarious and awesome and I wish she was my real-life friend. #5 is my favorite.

No comments: