Wednesday, August 10, 2011

This is me:


Just kidding. I wish. This is my super-yogi friend Nikki who I am insanely jealous of. She's crazy good and gets to do aerial yoga all the time and is studying to be a yoga teacher. If you're reading this Nikki, I can't wait to take one of your classes!

So I cashed in my Groupon-of-all-Groupons today and started my one year unlimited membership at the Yoga World studio in downtown LB. I am SO HAPPY I bought that sucker. I'm such a waffler too with online shopping. I fill up my virtual shopping cart with all these goodies that I want really badly, and then get scared at the checkout page and close the browser window really quickly before the credit card gets pulled out. I knew that this one was too good to pass up though and purchased with no regret.

My first class today was perfect. I'd never been to the studio before so I was hoping it was going to be a nice one but I wasn't banking on it being as nice as the Yoga Works I went to in Newport Beach. It only took me 8 minutes to drive there from our house and the studio looks like this:


I'm a fan of mirrors in a yoga studio. My last one didn't have them and I feel like I have better technique when I can see what I'm doing. Our teacher was great too, although it was an all levels class and he worked it like a power yoga one. Or maybe it felt like that since I've been doing wussy prenatal yoga for the past 9 months. My legs and arms were shaking like dog shapooping peach seeds and I was pouring sweat. I'm so hardcore! I can't wait to go again. It's a nice break away from my beautiful little screamy face baby.

1 comment:

Nikki Menda said...

You're the sweetest thing ever!!!! I can't wait to practice yoga with you! That studio looks gorgeous!! I'm glad you loved it :)