Sunday, June 16, 2013

Daddy's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there, especially the two big players in my life!

 

I was remembering the other day the skiing trips to Dodge Ridge that my dad would take my brother and me on. We'd wake up early in the morning, he'd drive us the four hours there, get us all suited and geared up, take us up and down the hills a million times, feed us and make sure we were wearing our sunscreen (no doubt he was remembering the thousand reminders my mom gave him to MAKE SURE THE KIDS WEAR SUNSCREEN!), then stop for pizza on the four hour drive home. Of course we'd ask way too often how long until we got home, but he always came up with a time and more than once we'd pull up to our street at the exact minute he predicted. I thought it was a superpower of his, but my mom thinks he either sped the last hour or took a round about way of getting home to make it at his predicted time. Thinking about it now though, that took real Dad skills to pull off trips like that and not lose it.

Jeff does the same with Elsa, packing up her Kanken and a lunch and her riding backpack, and taking her to Disneyland for the day. Granted it's 30 minutes away and they usually just stay for a few hours and it's the happiest place on earth! But still, it takes Dad skills to pull that off. He's much more brave than I am about taking Elsa on adventures. It's a Dad thing.







 I'm so thankful to have these wonderful dads in my life, love you guys!

1 comment:

ET said...

Thanks very much for the posting, Liv. Mama and I are lucky to have lots of wonderful memories of trips to Europe or here in Cal with you and Jan. You both were such wonderful kids that it was always fun to take you places. And I am sure Jeff feels the same thing with Elsa, and he is doing a great job. She is a very lucky girl. Enjoy the day, Jeff.