Friday, June 7, 2013

Maui Wowee



I know I've been a bad blogger, so this is me back on the wagon. I'm going to try to update the blog with the important stuff that's been going on lately (like Black Thunder coming in to our lives!) so next up are some pictures from our recent family vacation to Maui! We went again with my parents, Jeff's mommy Sue, our family friend Diane, and the Parola's, but THIS time we had Jeff's sister Jen and little Miss Elsa in tow! The last time we were in Hawaii I guess technically Elsa was too, but she was just a fetus then and didn't get to play in the kiddie pools so it didn't count. We stayed at the Marriott in Ka'anapali at Sue's timeshare and had a week long very relaxing and fun little vacation. I've shared these pics already on Facebook and Instagram (you can follow me @livmcmillan), but for those of you not following along there, I'll post some highlights here.

The flights were surprisingly not bad with Elsa! I was scared shitless, not gonna lie. I had my mom-bag packed to the seams with Color Wonder pens and coloring books, stickers, snacks, books, and the all-important iPad in the hopes that would keep her entertained for at least 20 minutes. The iPad seriously made the trip for us. She was pretty zoned out in front of it watching Yo Gabba Gabba and Word World for most of the trips. She napped briefly and looked out the window some, and got a kick out of our 1/2 square foot leg room space. 




I may be biased but I'm fairly positive that Elsa's swimsuits were the cutest in the whole resort. There were a bunch of pale kids in rash guard suits so the competition wasn't too fierce, but her suits would have been popular regardless.


I'm kind of surprised that this is the same resort that wouldn't let me down the 10 foot water slide when I was five months pregnant, yet they'll let a two-year old boil in a 105 degree hot tub. Especially with this guy:







"IN YOUR FACE GRAMPA!"


Cookies for Elsa, beer for Mommy.




As awesome as Hawaii and resort-life is, Jeff and I are now itching to do road trip/camping vacations. There is so much of America that we want to see and show Elsa, and now we have Black Thunder to take us there. We dream of alternating America and Rest-of-the-World vacations, and taking turns deciding where we'll get to go. Maybe an annual American vacation with international travel every five years or something like that. Either way, I should probably set-up that vacation savings account now...

No comments: